Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Grids & Mid-Century Modern Furniture Prints

I have a large wall across my bed that right now is pretty plain. I took inspiration from these photos from apartment therapy. They took vintage flashcards and hung them up in a grid pattern.  I like how how the hanging incorporates a large portion of one wall and just a little bit of the other, framing the long white console.   



I just purchased these flashcards from Etsy seller belles lettres.  They are a series of cards each with a famous mid century modern design on the front and the designer's name and picture on the back.  They are about postcard size and should fit perfectly into these Ikea Ram frames.  I bought about 20 frames (only $1.99 for 3 (they're pretty simple)).  The flashcards were a bit expensive, but I wasn't going to find them in this size somewhere else. Overall this project cost me less than $45.  When my flashcards arive I'll put pictures up of the finished wall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment