Monday, March 22, 2010

Norman Cherner Chairs

It's funny, I usually never look at one of my favorite blogs Unhappy Hipsters which features pictures from the design magazine Dwell for design ideas.  I'm always distracted by the witty and clever captions that follow.  Today however, I found something in this photo:


It was the chairs featured at the dining table.  At first I thought they were some sort of derivation of the Arne Jacobsen chairs I mentioned in this prior post, but they were actually designed by Norman Cherner in 1958 and are his mostly recognized design.  They are typical of mid-century modern design and are made of molded plywood.  I think it was the rounded arms that feature one piece of bentwood that caught my eye.

The Cherner Armchair via Design Within Reach, $1149
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment