Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sawhorse Tables

Traditionally sawhorses are used to support a plank or board while sawing, but they also make a for great industrial base for a table or desk.  The base is very architectural and a great alternative to a traditional four legged table.  I feel like an architect would use this sort of desk to layout all his drafts and blueprint.

Now they come in a variety of materials besides wood including metal and glass and at different price points.  Since I will often be working from home on the weekends I will want a large desk for my computing needs.  It would probably go in my bedroom- the industrial design was be an easy way to balance the soft decor of my bed and headboard.  I've been eyeing this one from the Vika series at Ikea:


This one is a little more pricey at Sundance. But it may be more practical because the design of the base can take up a lot of space, a longer table top would be necessary.  Over at Knock Off Wood they offer DIY plans to build your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment