Monday, March 29, 2010

Tiny Bedrooms

i've been stalking craigslist for apartments in NYC for awhile now, but lately its a problem, I spend way to much time on that site.  After all my visits I've resigned to the fact that what I'm willing to pay for an apartment will not afford me the enjoyment of a huge bedroom.  Undoubtedly my bed is going to be the only focus of my room, as it will be the largest piece of furniture by far. I've gotten a little worried for fear that my room is going to appear juvenile with the bed taking up the most space, so I started googling images of interiors with a small layout.  Luckily I found that good design in a small space does exist.  

What I've found is that bedding is key, if it's going to be the focus of the room might as well splurge.  Awhile back I posted on quilts because I just wanted to cover up the old duvet cover I have now.  Now I realize how important by bedding will actually be and may be willing to spend a little more.

Also, apartmenttherapy.com just posted a sneak peek into the new book:  The Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces coming out May 11.  I'm sure this will be a source of inspiration for my first apartment in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment