Monday, February 8, 2010

Origami Crane Lamps







Above are two designs incorporating the use of origami cranes (via Tas-ka and Michele Varian).

I think this could be a reasonable DIY project. In my freshman year dorm, I strung rows of origami cranes above my bed with simple sewing thread, for the apartment I would want to incorporate a light source. Above is a quick rendering of how I would incorporate light at my desk. I would put a lamp base on the table. The origami crane shade wouldn't actually be connected to the base but be hung from the ceiling directly above the base, hovering over its light bulb. Yes this would require a lot of patience getting the exact shape of the shade to hang correctly from the ceiling, but could be cool and I also wouldn't have to worry about hardwiring a pendant lamp.

And yes, I realize that sawhorse table has only one side of its base, I got a little lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment