Thursday, February 18, 2010

Native American Patterns

I know i'm a little late to the native american inspired trend, but I was really drawn to the rustic aesthetic of the  coat this woman is wearing on the Sartorialist and especially the one model Tao Okamoto is wearing- such an exciting print!































This last image is from the Brick House. I adore, adore, adore this couple's home.
This second coat is via Pendleton for Opening Ceremony, the last coat is by Lindsay Thornburg, who I believe constructs these cloacks from Pendleton blankets. The print may be a bit too loud for me, I feel like I would only be able to wear this coat occasionally, and I'm all about utility.
Therefore, instead of a traditional quilt to cover my old comforter, I'm thinking a bed spread in one of these prints would be nice.   The colors would have to be a little more muted than the coats.  Both of these are by Pendleton, the second one is their classic National Park Blanket.  The shams are by Woolrich. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment